Friday, November 16, 2012

Rock a Bye Baby

In the words of Bailey "Where's a the rocking chair? They come a take a the rocking chair away?"

Yeah, baby. The rocking chair is gone.


Daddy reading stories to little Bailey girl

I knew better than to get attached. It was only ever on loan.  The former academic director at Asuncion Christian Academy had used it for all four of her kids; since the youngest was nearly three when we moved here, it wasn't being used for nursing duty.

iPhone time with Graw

I was - and am - incredibly grateful for the loan.  It was much more comfy than a dining room table chair tucked in the corner.  And nursing Boston will be a bit "harder" now. But it still wasn't the right chair. You see, I was supposed to nurse my babies in my great-Aunt Ruby's rocking chair. The one with the squeaky springs in the seat that poke your bum through the crimson and mustard fabric cushion.  Then again, she was "supposed" to be around to gift it to me herself, instead of me inheriting it just weeks before Bailey's arrival in 2010.

Stashed the phone for a "cheese!"

Instead, I fed my girls on someone else's chair. With a seat-back that leaned a bit too far back and spindles that I could never situate in a comfortable way along my spine, even with an afghan draped over the back.

Super awkward/terrible last-ditch
effort to get a pic

Even if it was all wrong - wrong chair, not super comfortable, weird & unpredictable squeaks in the rock, so few pictures of it, five minute warning that it was being picked up and taken away - it was still "ours" for a season. It's what I used to feed my girls and soothe their boo-boos in.  

The ONLY picture of me (sort of ) in the chair.
At least I'm with both my babies.

And I'm going to miss it . . . I already miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment